So easy to order; customer service was very helpful. Quality, advice and shipping excellent
Kathy, thank you for your kind review! We do everything we can to make sure our online experience is an easy one! We appreciate your orders and hope the booklets are working well for your patients, caregivers, families, and team members.
The Ancora hospice nurse for my mom in Anchorage gave me a copy and this was the most helpful publication that I have read in the last 2+ years of mom's care.
I ordered copies to hand out at moms funeral, give to some of the caregivers at Aspen Creek Assisted Living and will donate the rest to my Local Hospice of Anchorage.
A fantastic publication!!!
Hi Richard, thank you so much for your compliments! As a writer, feedback from family members means so much to me because you are the one on the front line providing the care and experiencing the emotions of losing a loved one. I am so glad the booklet helped you and provided comfort. Thank you for sharing this resource with professionals as well! My sympathies to you for the death of your mother. Sincerely, Rebecca Wallace
B1001 Nature Gave Us Butterflies: A Family's Guide to End-of-Life Transitions, Hospice Edition
Highlights and topics covered:
Part One covers Specific Symptoms and Issues:
- Pain Management: It’s Essential
- Decreased Food and Fluid Intake: Aren’t They Uncomfortable?
- Breathing Changes
- Confusion, Agitation, and Restlessness
- Skin Changes and Skin Care
- Changes in Elimination
- Socialization, Resolution, and Withdrawal
Part Two offers a Chronological Timeline, providing a gentle guideline regarding “what to expect” as the patient’s health declines:
- The Emotions of Goodbye
- One to Three Months Before Death
- One to Two Weeks Before Death
- Two Days to a Few Hours Before Death
- When Death Has Occurred
- In tandem with the chronological timeline, we gently relate the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual changes to the metamorphosis of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. Using nature metaphors allows the hospice professional gently educate and connect to all backgrounds, cultures, and religions.