Great Educational Booklets
Thank you so much for your vote of confidence for our booklet. It's so helpful for other hospices to hear your hospice has found them to be helpful!
As always, satisfied with the products and ordering process.
Thank you Adrienne! We sure appreciate your kind words!
B1002 Nature Gave Us Butterflies: A Family's Guide to End-of-Life Transitions, Standard Edition
Highlights and topics covered:
Part One covers Specific Symptoms and Issues:
- Pain Management: It’s Essential
- Decreased Food and Fluid Intake: Aren’t They Uncomfortable?
- Breathing Changes
- Confusion, Agitation, and Restlessness
- Skin Changes and Skin Care
- Changes in Elimination
- Socialization, Resolution, and Withdrawal
Part Two offers a Chronological Timeline, providing a gentle guideline regarding “what to expect” as the patient’s health declines:
- The Emotions of Goodbye
- One to Three Months Before Death
- One to Two Weeks Before Death
- Two Days to a Few Hours Before Death
- When Death Has Occurred
- In tandem with the chronological timeline, we gently relate the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual changes to the metamorphosis of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. Using nature metaphors allows the hospice professional gently educate and connect to all backgrounds, cultures, and religions.